My stays are completely finished, though I am still lacking a charger for my camera so no photos as of yet. I might take a few on my phone so you can get the gist of it, but I need a proper camera really. If it’s sunny tomorrow I shall do just that.
Yesterday I spent a whole lot of money on books. One book that I bought is Corsets and Crinolines by Norah Waugh, which certainly wasn’t cheap, because I have become really interested in the cut and shape of historical stays and corsets. After making my first pair, and them actually being a success (if I might say so myself), I want to make more and I want patterns! In fact I want to own lots of them, hundreds, in all shapes and sizes and colours. I would also like to give crinoline making a go, which I don’t really know much about but have done a bit of research this evening and they look pretty exciting.
I’ve got my first proper interview next week so I’m having a big push on the portfolio front. I’m getting together a research folder for the costumes I’m making for Hannah More, as well as examples of patterns and fabrics of the period, though it is nowhere as easy as it was when at uni because I do not own a printer and the library computers and printers are slow and very expensive. As a result of this I have taken up drawing again and have actually been enjoying it. I have some of the rushes from filming the other weekend which include my costume to put up too, but portfolio is taking priority at the moment.